WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Thursday, March 10, 2011

What's in a Sign Magic Workshop? Part three.

First thing Saturday morning we took a field trip to the MultiCam Western Canada offices. It was a great way to show the things we had learned and talked of in the EnRoute lectures.


As the students began the painting Bec kept a close eye on the projects and answered the many questions to make sure everyone was successful.


Everyone got to try out a variety of techniques.


The sculpting project followed a theme we have done a number of times... 'B' is for BUG. Everyone got the same challenge. Use a pre-routed leaf with a letter 'B' on it and create a 3D bug to go with it. The results were as varied as the folks who attended. Every solution was imaginative and GREAT!








When people weren't busy on their bug sculptures they were painting their dimensional letters and practicing their glazing techniques.



Some took advantage of the one-on-one time with Jeff for a private tutorial in EnRoute.


Through every minute people were busy taking endless pictures, looking at the many examples in the shop and studio. Some took the time to browse my library and found some great treasures.


So much more happened through those three magic days, it was not possible to capture it all nor write of it here. It was in a word...  MAGIC!

Thanks to Donna for the wonderful job she did capturing it on her camera.


-dan