WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Fox gets some color

Today we got to the color on the large Fox and Hounds Pub sign. The whole sign was primed with Coastal Enterprises' FSC-88 WB primer. Then we started in on the base coats. Since the fox would be relieving some glazes he was the first to get painted. We double or triple coat all of our paints for longevity. The blend on his fur was went into wet, done with a 3" brush. 


Once he was good and dry I applied a dark brown glaze and wiped him down good with a soft terry towel. The dark glaze stayed in the deeper parts defining his fur and details in an instant. Then we began the base coats around the fox. We'll start in on the colors tomorrow, working from the top of the sign downwards.


By tomorrow evening this sign should be almost done and ready to roll out the door next week after the paint has a chance to cure a bit. Stay tuned...

-dan