WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Window bucks almost complete.

The last week has been a hectic one. The crew has been busy in the shop but most of my time has been spent on the new house project. There are so many decisions to be made at the start it seems. We are planning plenty of cool details that will be routed but those are a little ways off yet.

The window buck shapes we routed in the last weeks are now largely complete. These forms will be fitted into the ICF (insulated concrete forms) and keep the concrete where it belongs. The inside forms that we routed will pop out after the concrete is poured to make way for the windows. I'll post some pictures as the bucks are put into the walls in about a week or so.



I'll also be posting a lot more projects as I get back into things in the shop.

-dan