WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Eureka!

Quite some time ago I started a sample sign project. Here's the link. But then we got busy. It has sat in the corner gathering dust ever since. But good ideas can't stay dormant forever.


As I thought about a needed weather vane I knew just what I would make. I removed the tracks as they were too short and instead welded up some steel pieces that would be a little stronger too. Then I did a little sculpting using some Abracadabra Sculpting epoxy. It didn't take long to have the piece done.


I'll let it cure a couple of days and then we'll give it a few coats of paint. It won't be long until it gets installed on the water tower - a perfect fit for the mining theme.


Every detail we add tells just a little more of the magical story.

-dan