We then filled in the screw holes with Abracadabra Sculpting Epoxy. I used the same epoxy sculpt to the railway ties and beam and pressed in some wood grain. This epoxy is about one eighth of an inch thick. Then I added the join plate on the rails and the anchor plates and spikes to each tie.
I used my jig saw to cut some scrap block of Precision Board for the mine car frames. The wheels were them mounted to the frame using some quarter inch steel rods for axles. Some laminated blocks will form the armature for the cars and then it will be time for some more sculpting. Stay tuned for the next installment.