WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Friday, January 1, 2016

Sign Challenge piece complete

I had made it my goal to finish my Sign Challenge piece before the New Year. But like all goals the world conspires to keep you from them. I had made a good start early on, bringing the piece very close to finish. Then I got sidetracked with all manners of other projects. Peter, who finished his piece last week (and enjoyed beating me immensely I might add) was egging me on at every opportunity. I knew if I let my piece go into next year by even a day I would never hear the end of it. So on the last afternoon of the year, I applied the final bit of lettering and with Angie's help we applied the final glaze. A couple minutes past our normal quitting time (and seven and a half hours before the beginning of 2016) I announced the piece DONE! Happy New Year!