WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

A lift please!

We've found the MultiCam CNC plasma cutter a very handy tool to create all manners of brackets, lifting lugs and joining connections for the Viking ship features we are creating for Motiongate in Dubai. One size and shape does not nearly fit all.

As we designed out features many weeks ago, we engineered into the structures hard points to mount, join and lift each feature. These were located precisely in order to achieve a balanced and safe load as we lifted each piece. On the bottom or end of each piece is a place we can bolt it to a custom size pallet which is designed to slip into a shipping container and not allow side to side movement during the 11,500 kilometre journey to Dubai.

We had to do all this plus design the hard points in such a way they would not be obvious when we were done. These sturdy mounting plates had to blend into the scenery.