WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Office now fossilized

We are still awaiting the glass top for the desk and coffee table but today I put up the wall eye candy. The flat fossils are understated and low key - perfect for an office setting. Rebecca painted them to look like they had been discovered in different places and were composed of different kinds of rock. With the varied textures built into the routing files it is very believable.






As a group they work together nicely, balanced on the other side of the room by the Triceratops skull. The LED lights underneath highlight the lettering in a subtle way especially with the lights on in the room.


The big overstuffed leather furniture pieces compliments the decor nicely. All that is left now is the desk and coffee table which will be moved into place next week.


After this all that is left are the room way finding signs...

-dan