WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Monday madness on Tuesday.

Mondays are often crazy as I have to wear my business owner's hat more than my worker one. Emails and messages stack up over the weekend. Materials need to be ordered and decisions need to be made. It all sets the tone for the rest of the week. With yesterday being a holiday, things seemed a little more frantic today. But I did manage a little actual work today.

Once I got a few things sorted out it was time to finish the edges and corners of the outside beam which had been routed last week.It didn't take long with the die grinder to make the plain areas seamlessly match the texture we had routed into the Precision Board.



By the end of the week the upright posts and fancy brickwork will all match the work doe with the router.


The afternoon in between a little sculpting was spent in a series of meeting with the contractor and owners. The decisions are seemingly endless these days determining where every piece will go and what is to be built around it. But each day the project is coming together faster and faster and looking so cool!


It is starting to come together!

-dan