WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

More finishing touches.

Today I headed back to the Fox and Hounds Pub to do a few more installs of projects we've made in the shop. The first was the Harold's Fine Wine sign. I needed my tallest step ladder to hang it in it's place on the London rooftop. It didn't tale long. Before I took the ladder away I snapped this picture. The colors of the sign fit in perfectly with the warm decor/


This is the angle the guests will view the sign as they look up to the rooftops above.


The next tasks was to do the special board. To fashion the 'boards' I plasma cut some rusty old sheet steel I had been saving for a special project. It was deeply pitted and very rusty but perfect for this project! For the blackboard portion I used some oil based blackboard paint purposely painted on with a ragged edge.


Three of the other barrels got blank sheets of rusty steel. These will be used for posters and information of coming events at the pub. The papers will be held to the steel with magnets.


As I worked quietly in the entry hallway I could hear guests delight and awe as they saw the newly renovated pub for the very first time. The reaction was the same each time the door opened. The patrons had left the real world outside to be instantly transported to the one we had carefully created. It made me smile.

-grampa dan