The first order of business was to drill some 5/8" holes in the sign to line up with the electrical cords we had routed into the sign. I cut some 5/8" rod and used my big hammer to put some slight bends in the two pieces. Then I rummaged through my scrap bin to scrounge up some pipe caps and some short lengths of pipe. I welded the bits together and then used some epoxy to glue everything together.
Once the glue had dried I pounded a rod flat to form the basis for the prongs of the plug. I welded them into place as well.
Then I used a little Abracadabra sculpting epoxy to sculpt the male and female ends of the plug. We'll let it cure overnight before we paint it up tomorrow.
Stay tuned for the paint stage...