It took me half a day to create the vector drawings in scale for all the pieces. It was done entirely in EnRoute.
I then raised the teeth of the gears as a flat relief. I used the circle vector around the teeth relief to modify then using the bevel tool. this angled them upwards in the middle. Then I went to the front view and nudged them up into position vertically.
Then I merged highest to the original wheel relief.
The center of the wheel was made by making a relief 3" tall. This was then merged highest with the wheel relief.
To drill the axel hole I created a zero height relief 2" across. This would be merged lowest to the wheel, effectively creating a hole in each wheel.
Tomorrow I'll show how we built the second style of wheel.