The trim around the front and patio doors was routed yesterday and assembled today. This afternoon I created the routing files for the decorative bands around the patio posts. I thought them worth posting as they involve three different procedures that are a teeny bit tricky.
The decorative bands are 8 inches wide and are comprised of four pieces that will be motored to fit. As usual I started with some vector files created in EnRoute.
Next I created a thinner flat relief of the three crews that would be embossed on the final piece.
I then added domed hearts to the centre panel.
I then added some woodgrain to the rectangular shape using one of the bitmaps from my TEXTURE MAGIC COLLECTION. This shot shows how I stretched out the bitmap to allow the rectangle to fit into the section of woodgrain I liked.
I used a value of 0.15 inches for the woodgrain.
I then merged using the REPLACE function. First I selected the relief I wanted to modify.
Then =, following the prompts I selected the areas I wanted to merge.
Here's a shot of the pieces on the MultiCam.
Tomorrow the completed pieces will be mitred and then painted before they are installed on the house. I'll post a picture of the completed door and the posts as well.