WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Landscape by design

Many sign makers I know think mainly of the signs they create. A few try to incorporate some nice posts of perhaps a base. I like to go much further. The surrounding builds, structures and landscape are often part of our projects. The actual planing of the plants, is also an area of concern. Plantings can do so much to soften the edges, tie the sign into the whole picture ald also extend the effectiveness of our designs.

Them theme park is now starting an extensive planting phase. While we worked so hard on the hardscape the plants dramatically bring it all to life and tie it together. I'll be posting many more mixtures as they finish up the landscape for it changes the project and completes it in a wonderful fashion.





I'll be posting many more mixtures as they finish up the landscape for it changes the project and completes it in a wonderful fashion. Stay tuned...

-dan