The number of routed pieces will be somewhat limited on this project for it is all about using the fastest and most practical method for each component. The wheels were an obvious choice for for the router. I designed the vectors in EnRoute using the drawing tools.
The steel rim was next, a simple flat relief.
I could have waited longer but I like to get things out of the way as soon as possible to make the selection of future vectors easier. So I created an offset vector and then made a zero height flat relief.
The inner rim was next. It also was a flat relief which was then merged highest with the base relief
I then used the dome tool to create the spokes individually.
I then turned off the render function, selected all the spokes and entered the front view. I used the up arrows to nudge the spoked up into position. The spoked were then merged highest with the background relief.
The counterweight and enters were then merged highest with the background relief.
The wheel was duplicated and tool patched in preparation for routing from three inch thick Precision Board.
Since I used a 3/8" ball nose bit to routed them it didn't take long. While the MultiCam was running I used the time to weld up the frame. In the next shot the wheels are being test fit to the chassis.