WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Saturday, March 27, 2010

DELIVERY DAY!

We had laminated the layers of the sign over a welded steel square tubing frame. This made for safe and secure working conditions while we were making the sign. It also provided a handy way to safely transport the sign to the final destination.

My client had poured a footing below grade as per my specifications. We simply lifted the sign off the trailer and placed it on the footing. A few anchor bolts permanently fixed it in place. Then we backfilled the soil around the legs and the sign was installed in minutes.
While the sign had looked great in my shop it looked ten times better in it's final home sparkling brightly in the sunshine. The sign looked like it had been crafted with time tested hand carving. It looked massive and solid. The reality we had used the most modern tools and materials to complete a project much easier and quicker than ever was possible in the past. It would last much longer too. Our MultiCam had proved it's value one more time.

-dan