WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Sunday, March 21, 2010

GOAL -Train in only a week

When MultiCam saw the types of projects we were doing on our router they asked us to come up with a display they could use at trade shows and in their advertising. It simply had to be one of those projects where one would wonder how it was possible. I did the concept drawing on a Friday. Monday morning I got the green light to proceed.
By Monday at noon the first pieces were coming off the MultiCam. As each file was running I was creating more in my office. Out in the shop we were starting to assemble the pieces. Some were simple cutouts, others detailed, textured pieces.
As we assembled we started the paint process. By the second day things were coming along nicely! Stay tuned for more progress...
-dan