WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Sunday, August 15, 2010

I love it when a plan comes together!

While the MultiCam continues to churn out the last of the pieces for this sign/display piece I continue to make progress on the sub itself. The outside molding is well underway and it is now looking more like a submarine all the time - or at least how I would build a sub. At each stage of the construction I like to assemble all the pieces and see how they are working in relation to the whole project. Since the inside of the sub is so visual I decided to keep more glass clear. The side fins will now be to the rear portion of the sub. The electric blue LED lighting does exactly as I envisioned with the lighting being well hidden. The warm reds play against the cool blues in a dramatic fashion. 


I can hardly wait to continue with the project but first I have to do some organizing in the shop. It's getting hard to get from one end to the other with all the projects on the go. Stay tuned for more progress soon...

-dan