WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Saturday, August 14, 2010

We have ignition...

This morning I delivered and installed a sign. The temps are well above what we normally enjoy in these parts and I got plenty warm in the sunshine. I decided I would reward myself by working in the cool shop and finish the interior of the submarine. I was anxious for the LED lights had arrived yesterday - days ahead of my planned schedule. I used sculpting epoxy to create the details. For the little rivets around the front and rear bulkheads I used little googly eyes from a dollar store. They were pressed into the wet primer. With the warm temps and a good fan the primer dried pretty fast - as did the coats of gold colored paint.


Then it was time for the moment of truth... how would it look with the LED's, new territory for me. The LED's I am using are contact-less miniature units. I just slide them over the wire and position them as needed. I can use as many or as few as I need. Each unit has two bright bulbs and I used three on this project... one underneath between the frame rails, one behind the seat and one behind the gages in the dash. When I fired them up I was DELIGHTED!!!!



I'll let things cure good and hard overnight and then begin final assembly tomorrow...  

-dan