WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Back in the busy shop

After two hectic weeks on job sites far from home it is good to be back in the shop! While I was gone Peter and the crew have been very busy. The first 53 foot semi load of arches, beams and posts are ready to send on their way right after New Years. The shop is plugged full with more pieces in progress.

We are also keeping the plasma cutter and router busy churning out components for new pieces.

It isn't often we do production cutting on our MultiCam but when it needs to be done the machine sure takes the hard work out of the process. The machine will cut all night to produce twelve shields from 1.5" thick 30 lb Precision Board for the bowling archways. Two more batches will follow in coming days. Peter made three different woodgrain patterns on the arches and then nested the files before setting the machine in motion.


We cut one shield as a test before we began in earnest. That is already in the painting process.