We moved the Trinidad pirate train back into the shop one last time today. I finally had the measurements for the cab bulkhead. I did the layout in EnRoute and then sent the files off to the MultiCam plasma cutter to do the cutting.
While the machine was doing it's work we built new pallets for the train pieces and bolted the components to these frames. This will ensure secure shipping on their way to California so they can then be mated to the operational chassis.
We then fit and welded the 10 gauge sheet metal into place for the engine bulkhead. Gauge panels will be fastened to this sturdy framework. We only have a little sculpting to finish off this project.
We can hardly wait to see all of this detail driving down the tracks!