A little work with the hand die grinder made the sign ready to begin the sculpting - or so I thought. When I did my last post here the spellcheck let me know I had made a mistake and spelled 'ELIXER' incorrectly. It should instead be spelled 'ELIXIR' There was only one thing to do and that was to fix it.
Thankfully with a program like EnRoute this mistake wasn't a big deal. First I broke out the power plane and sander. In a few minutes I had removed the ribbon panel and made the sign flat once more.
Then I designed a new panel in EnRoute and had the MultiCam whip up some new pieces. These were glued into place and once again we were ready for my favourite part - hand sculpting.
The figure on the sign was to be double sided - just like the sign. It took me about three hours to sculpt the two figures. They aren't identical, but no worries for you can only see one side at a time. :)
Now with the sculpting done and everything spelled right we are ready to head off to the painting department. Stay tuned...