WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

A bit of a rush

Generally we don't fight deadlines in our shop. We like to plan our jobs carefully so we can finish ahead of schedule on most occasions. But every once in a while the world seems to conspire against us.

We looked over the things we needed to do prior to our next shipment to NEBs in Ontario. We consulted with our client and then scheduled a truck for the delivery. All was good. Then we had a three day snow and ice storm. That cut last week's schedule a little short as we lost staff for those days. This week is a short one as Monday was a holiday in British Columbia. At this point our relaxed schedule is no more. The truck leaves next Monday in the early afternoon.

It meant that the whole crew has been painting and will continue to paint for the next couple of days. We cranked up the heat in the shop and broke out all of the large fans to move the ir around in a big way to help dry the paint.

With everyone helping with the painting it is going quick and looking good. Some of the pieces are already finished, some nearly so and the rest need their final coat of paint plus the glazes. It's going to be close but I'll bet they will finish on Friday afternoon with five or ten minutes to spare.  :)