WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Another milestone

Both the MultiCam plasma cutter and router are being worked a lot these days as we move into the final stages of the aches for the NEB's Fun World bowling alley project. We've cut many hundreds of pieces from more than a hundred and twenty sheets of 3/4" plywood and many tons of plate steel. 

Today, the crew applied the fibreglass reinforced concrete and sculpted the last of the front arches for the bowling alley lanes. These pieces will fill a second semi trailer and get a good start on the third when we ship in a few weeks. 


With the bowling lane fronts done it is time to move onto the side walls. There are five arches for each side. The first two are now fully assembled and ready for the lath to be stapled on.