WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cool water jet cut inlays!

I posted last week about the cool toys I get to play with on occasion. For the new bar at the Fox and Hounds Pub we want to inlay a brass and stainless version of the logo into the cast countertop. I got the call  from our MultiCam dealer that the pieces were cut this morning. I rushed right over!


I've seen the MultiCam water jet in action before. The cut quality and accuracy was nothing short of amazing. The pieces were absolutely perfect! Now I can hardly wait to see them cast into the concrete and polished up. It is an extremely classy detail for the project!


-dan