WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Polar bear distraction.

I had to break off regular work this afternoon because a long time customer of ours was moving this week and this necessitated a special request. His polar bear needed to make the three block move as well. But exactly how do you lift and move a giant polar bear, complete with an ice burg stand. The answer is simple. We had built a lifting point into his back. I simply had to use a chaser die to clean out the rusty threads, insert a new lifting eye bolt and then hook up the chain.


Anytime we move one of our creations it is like an instant parade. Traffic stops, people gawk and wave, with a giant smile on their faces. Today was no exception.


The move went off without a hitch, thanks to a smooth crane operator. I'll be carving up a new calved ice burg on the front to hold the new address and the owner will be adding some nice landscaping around the base.


Tomorrow we'll get back to our regular schedule and job.

-dan