WELCOME!


It is hard to believe that it was almost ten years ago I witnessed a CNC router in action for the very first time. I was fascinated with what I saw and simply had to have one! Although I had been in the creative end of the three dimensional sign business for most of my life I didn't really know what I would do with one - but I just knew it could do fantastic stuff.

Through extensive research and LOTS of hands-on practice I quickly found out that my MultiCam router was capable of just about anything imaginable.This journal will chronicle that journey to date and continue each week with two or three entries as I continue to explore just what is possible with this wonderful tool... -dan

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Pieces for the puzzle

Most every project has many steps and pieces, all to be done in a logical order in order for things to work. Our Fox and Hounds Pub project is no different. But compared to our smaller projects this one has many more players involved. In the restaurant and entry portions of the project we are down to the details and paint. And as the paint and glazes go on it is looking pretty cool!



But my work is not nearly done. Today I helped select the ceiling tile and designed how it would be arranged, helped lay out tile work, consulted with the finish carpenters doing trim, and many other details. Others will do this work, under my watchful eye. All of it is important, and together with the things we created  the new details will complete the picture.


Tomorrow we take a break from the worksite ad spend some time in the shop. You can count on the router being kept busy. Stay tuned...

-dan